Saturday, March 12, 2011

Espadrilles

I wore flip-flops while walking around NYC...once.  If you like the idea of nasty street dirt all over your feet, by all means, enjoy, but I personally enjoy the closed-toe shoe option myself.  The last few summers were all about the boat shoe, however, I see a trend a-brewin' on the horizon.  Call me a soothsayer, but have you slipped on an espadrille recently?  Don't get me wrong, I love a designer collaboration boat shoes in the summer, but espadrilles are swiftly picking up consumer attention...I swear!

For example:

HERMES [the name alone makes me smile] made a lace-up espadrille that was recently featured in Details Magazine.
[Image from Hermes.com]
PRADA [who is genius] made a lace-up wingtip oxford with espadrille sole.  Coveted by every fashionisto, these are a hot commodity.
[Image from Highsnobiety.com]
I have yet to personally purchase a pair, but rest assured it is on my spring 'must-have' list.

No comments:

Post a Comment